Seyfarth Synopsis: On Friday, March 22, 2019, Seyfarth Shaw’s Immigration Compliance and Enforcement Group invites you to join the first webinar in our new Compliance Chatter Series: Inside E-Verify
While, following the federal government shutdown, E-Verify has returned to a modicum of normality, increasing audits and other government oversight activities mean that employers need to pay careful attention to compliance issues in their use of E-Verify. Up until recently there has been little or no oversight of the FAR E-Verify rule; that is expected to change in the coming year. And, growing calls on Capitol Hill for mandatory E-Verify for all employers mean that these issues may affect all employers before long.
Employers need to stay ahead.
In this webinar offered by the Seyfarth Shaw Immigration Compliance and Enforcement Team, we will explore the following topics:
- The role of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service’s (USCIS) E-Verify Monitoring and Compliance program
- What USCIS is looking for when they conduct reviews and what you should be looking for before you are reviewed
- Next steps and timing for mandatory E-Verify web services updates, and the impact on companies using electronic Form I-9 vendors
- Expected E-Verify legislative changes
- Dealing with state and local E-Verify regulations and STEM related mandates
- E-Verify-related considerations when deciding on Electronic I-9 System
Be on the lookout for an invite for the next upcoming webinars in our series:
- Social Security “No-Match” Letters Coming to Your Mailbox Soon
- E-Verify, Government Contractors and the FAR Clause 10 years Later
This program will be moderated by Chair of Seyfarth Shaw’s Government Relations and Policy Group, Randy Johnson.
Cost: While there is no cost to attend, registration is required.
Friday, March 22, 2019
1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Eastern
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Central
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Mountain
10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Pacific
* Connection details will be emailed the day prior to the event
If you have any questions, please contact Cassie Peterson at email@example.com and reference this event.